Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Library Loot - week of Sept 2

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries! This week, Mr. Linky is at Marg's place.

So, I returned Hot Pursuit, Malice, and The Bridegroom, but I still have Outlander for another week. If nobody else has it requested, I may renew it and see if I can work up the oomph to read it. I tried to start it, but it didn't grab me right away. I know - go figure!

But, through the wonders of ILL, (cause I've mentioned, oh about a million times how bad my own county library system sucks), I got a book I've had my eye on for a while.

The Nude by Dorothy McFalls

I first learned of this book from the Week of Romance emails from Romance Designs. They highlight a book with a different excerpt for a week. I love it, and I've discovered many books I never would have heard of otherwise. You can sign up here if you don't get these already.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can do ILL since your own library is lacking! I found Outlander to be engrossing, but not until she actuall went back in time. So the very beginning didn't grab me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Outlander takes about 150 pages to really get going!

    Thanks for mentioning Romance Designs. I had never heard of them before, and The Falls sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have a look at that site, and the book sounds interesting. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that link Lori!

    Was thinking about my library loot...it's there, cuz I keep getting emails letting me know when books I've requested become available. BUT, I remain too busy to pick them up in time (they only hold for 2 days) OR too busy to read them (in which case I cancel the hold online). Ah well. At least these (Linda Howard, Evanovich, Nora, Sandra Brown, etc.) will be there when I'm ready.

    That may not be true of any titles I want through our statewide inter-library loan system though...our governor is presently planning to cut that program. Grrrr.

    Sorry for the woeful rant, LOL. Your post pumps me up, really. :-) After I finish Virtually Hers, I think I'll visit my library.

    Course I'm enjoying Low's gray-eyed hero so much, I'm not sure I want Virtually Hers to end...want to linger under THAT gaze a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you found a good read...hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that feeling of finally getting hold of a book that you've been wanting for a long time. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Have you read it? What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails